First National Bribie Island Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions of holiday letting as agreed to by both parties are as follows. Please read carefully the conditions of Holiday Letting as any departure from same permits the owner or agent to refuse key, amend rent of premises or immediately terminate the tenancy. SMOKING IS NOT PERMITTED INSIDE ANY PROPERTIES.
1. The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the confirmation advice.
2. The premises are available from 2:00pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated by 10:00am on the day of departure. There is an after hours key drop at our office at 71 Welsby Parade, Bongaree.
3. All payments are to be made in full before occupancy.
4. Half of the total rental is the usual deposit to be paid within 7 days. The balance is to be paid 14 days prior to arrival, however if you have booked through HomeAway / Stayz, you agree to your credit card details being saved and payment processed immediately for the specified amount/s. First National Real Estate reserve the right to further charge the credit card in relation to any losses, expenses or damages incurred in relation to any items as mentioned within the Terms and Conditions (this document). Bookings taken for the Christmas holidays will require half the rental as deposit to be paid within 7 days of booking, with the balance to be paid by November 1st.
5. Please check your receipt and contact our office immediately should there be any discrepancy. If payment is made by cheque, receipt is issued subject to such cheque being cleared. There will be a fee for dishonoured cheques.
6 In the event of a cancelled booking by you, the deposit is not refundable unless the premises are rebooked for the entire period, in which case a cancellation fee of 13% of the total amount plus GST will be charged. No refund of any unused portion of a holiday booking will be made. Any incidental fees such as surcharges on portal and/or credit card payments are non-refundable. If your booking was made through HomeAway / Stayz, please refer to the cancellation policy on their website.
7. The booking is made in good faith by the agent but may be subject to any change as may be notified by the owner prior to the commencement of the booking. The agent cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside of their control. Every reasonable endeavour will be made to offer alternative accommodation should this occur.
8. The deposit is accepted on the basis that the tariff quoted may be increased or the booking may be cancelled, by First National, provided it is within 3 months in writing. Upon receipt of written notice, the person on the booking file has 14 days to request a full refund if they disagree with changes. After this date, all existing Terms and Conditions apply.
9. The number of occupants must not exceed the number stated on the brochure or the number of beds provided, whichever is the less. Large social gatherings and overloading will render the tenant liable to instant cancellation of the booking.
10. All bed, bathroom and table linen must be provided by the occupants, unless property is specifically advertised otherwise.
11. The tenant/s and their visitors SHALL NOT park cars, boats or trailers on the premises, except in specific areas allowed for that purpose.
12. The tenants SHALL NOT bring pets on the premises unless by prior arrangement. Non- refundable fee of $40.00 applies if pet approved, IN the event that a guest does have their pet inside at any time, the guest will be charged flea control, carpet and lounge shampoo / deodorized from their security deposit, in addition to the $40.00. Should any action be brought against the Owners or their agent for any claim, action, suit or demand, the tenants will indemnify and hold harmless both the Owners and their agent. All pet waste (including bones) must be removed upon vacate or a $20 fee will apply.
13. The tenant will be responsible for loss of or damages to the premises AND any items in the premises: including furniture, kitchen utensils, crockery, cutlery and fittings. The tenant will within 7 days of demand pay to our office the cost of any replacement or repair (at the discretion of the agent) of any such item damaged or lost. Furniture is not to be moved under any circumstances otherwise fees will be charged.
14. Garbage bins are to be put out and brought in as required. Excess garbage should be taken to the nearest Council bins or a fee will come from the security bond.
15. No responsibility is taken for occupants personal property left on the premises.
16. With telephone or postal bookings, the description of the premises by the agent is made in good faith but no responsibility for mis-description can be accepted.
17. No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to others in adjoining or neighbouring properties. In apartments and units, Strata Title by-laws and regulations must be observed. In the event of the property being offered for sale, the occupier agrees to allow the owner or his agent to inspect the property with prospective purchasers by appointment only.
18. As you are not charged a cleaning fee, you are requested to leave the premises CLEAN, NEAT & TIDY. Please ensure benches, floors and bathrooms are cleaned, all washing up done and put away and all the garbage is placed in the council bin provided. If BBQ’s are not left clean and free from food and grease, a fee of $40.00 will be deducted from security deposit.
19. Keys are required to be picked up from our office which is open between 9:00am and 5:00pm, Monday to Saturday and 9:00am to 4:00pm Sunday. Our office is closed on some public holidays and we recommend confirmation of key pick ups if your arrival falls on one of those days. Guests are responsible for the safe keeping and return of keys. If keys are lost, the cost of re-cutting will be borne by the tenant and paid for before departure. Please note: some keys are security coded and need to be cut by a locksmith at a higher charge.
20. Guests requiring keys after normal business hours will be required to make suitable arrangements with the agency prior to arrival. After hours key fees for late arrivals, lost, locked out or misplaced keys are: All hours—$50.00.
21. All cash deposits (including debit cards) will be refunded within reasonable time after cleaning has been completed on the said premises.
22. Do not dismantle smoke alarms, if you require assistance please let the office know immediately, it is a requirement of law.
23. Due to Safety Laws, you are advised that whilst you are staying in our holiday homes or units, every care should be taken to ensure any vertical blinds or curtain cords are not handled in an unsafe manner. We accept no responsibility for any misuse of this equipment.
24. First National Real Estate Bribie Island participate in the Bad Books Register. By accepting this booking and our terms and conditions you hereby agree that if you or any occupant covered by this booking, including any guests, breach our Terms and Conditions then your name, phone number and email address along with details of the breach/breaches may be disclosed to the property landlord and/or
other agents participating in the Bad Books register. First National Real Estate Bribie Island reserves the right to cancel a booking where a guest is registered in Bad Books.
25. Should the property have a pool table, any damage to it and/or it’s equipment will be borne at the expense of the guest/s.
26. Upon vacating the premises you will be required to leave the premises CLEAN, NEAT & TIDY or a fee will be charged. All breakages and damages must be paid for. Due to Safety Regulations – NO wading pools are permitted on any Holiday properties. (Fines may apply).